With a 95% rye mashbill, this is a true rye aficionado’s whiskey. Sweet and smooth; spicy without being medicinal, Old Scout Rye honors a time when rye whiskey was THE whiskey in America.
• Mashbill: 95% Rye, 5% Malt. A high-rye whiskey.
• Distillation Process: Continuous column distillation.
• Aging: Approximately 4 years old, non-chill filtered.
• Source of grains:Grains from a variety of sources.
• Annual Production: 4,500 cases.
• Tasting Notes: Nutty, spicy, and with the faintest touch of mint, our Rye is smooth like a bourbon but delivers the direct resonant flavor for which all good ryes are known. Exceptionally drinkable for cask strength.