- ‘Les Sauvagères’ is the local name for Marsanne in Saint-Peray, implying the wild tendency of the vines to dig into the steep limestone of this tiny town.
- The entire appellation comprises only 70 ha – one of the smallest AOCs in the Rhone valley
- One of the rare terroirs in the Northern Rhone with an abundance of limestone, yielding a laser precise and mineral white. Specifically from a sector of pure limestone next to the steep hills of the ruins of Chateau Crussol
- 100% Marsanne
- 30+ year old vines on average
- One third is from domaine fruit
- Aged in 55% French oak (5% new), 25% small concrete eggs, and 20% stainless steel tank. Blocked malo and no battonage.
- A pure, fresh, mineral style of Saint-Peray. Saline and citrus driven – a true Rhone revelation.